SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a First SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a First Article Inspection (FAI) and in-process inspection software that streamlines and automates the creation of ballooned inspection drawings and inspection reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.).
SOLIDWORKS Inspection consists of a stand-alone application and a SOLIDWORKS add-in that enables users to leverage their legacy data regardless of whether they have SOLIDWORKS files, PDFs, or TIFFs.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection is a simple and intuitive application that can reduce the time needed to create inspection documentation by up to 90 percent, and helps to virtually eliminate input errors, thus improving quality and reducing time-to-market.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional extends capabilities by giving users multiple ways to enter measured values directly into the project to help simplify part inspection. Each characteristic value can be entered manually, by using a digital caliper, or by importing coordinate measuring machine (CMM) results.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard
SolidWorks Inspection Standard is a First Article and in-process inspection solution that streamlines the creation of inspection documentation. A standalone application and an embedded SOLIDWORKS add-in, SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard enables you to leverage legacy data regardless of the file type.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional extends SOLIDWORKS Inspection Standard capabilities and lets you manually or semi-automatically enter measured values directly into an inspection project. With SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional, you can work directly with 2D/3D CAD data and streamlined workflows.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Features & Benefits
- Use the stand-alone application or the SOLIDWORKS add-in to quickly balloon engineering drawings and create inspection reports
- Work with SOLIDWORKS drawing files. PDFs or TIFFs
- Automatically balloon Inspection Dimensions specified by the user
- When working with PDF and TIFF files, capture inspection data using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Compare drawing revision to quickly identify changes
- Instantly export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF
- Export inspection reports to Excel spreadsheets using standard templates
- Customize Excel templates using the Template Editor to follow company or industry standards
- Export inspection data directly to quality systems and databases using CSV or XML output formats
- Enter measured values for each characteristic directly into the project whether manually or by using a digital caliper
- Import Coordinate-Measuring Machine (CMM) results
- Highlight dimensions in Green, Red and Yellow to instantly see which dimensions are in Tolerance, Out of Tolerance or Marginally within Tolerance – based on the values entered
- Export color-coded ballooned drawings and inspection reports