The easy-to-use tools and intuitive product approach let you work directly from 3D CAD data to make high-quality illustrations, photorealistic images, and even interactive animations without waiting for a physical prototype.
Even non-technical users can leverage existing product designs with SOLIDWORKS Composer and create associative 2D and 3D deliverables that automatically stay up-to-date with the latest design changes. You can start producing a range of technical communication graphical assets [such as 3D interactive animations, 2D line art images (SVG, EPS, CGM), and high-resolution raster images (BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIF files)] earlier in the design process, helping to lower costs and speed time-to-market.
Fundamental – SolidWorks Composer
- By leveraging the power of 3D, manufacturers can use SOLIDWORKS Composer to produce technical communication that helps customers and partners understand and retain product information more effectively.
- Beyond graphical content, SOLIDWORKS Composer can also retain critical design information already built into the CAD model, such as part numbers, dimensions, quantity, standard specifications, torque, surface finish, and so on. Traditionally, manufacturers have had to re-enter it into their documentation—a manual, time-consuming job that adds cost, is prone to error, difficult to update, and inconsistent. Why re-enter data that is already available?
- Now with SOLIDWORKS Composer, you can easily import design data to create bills of materials (BOMs), add dimensions, place surface finish labels, and so on.
Advantages of SolidWorks Composer
Reduces time-to-market delays. SOLIDWORKS Composer helps you reduce documentation errors and ensure that deliverables get to market faster by:
- tarting documentation earlier in the design process and updating it faster when design changes occur.
- Creating interactive 3D content that can be viewed by anyone with the free SOLIDWORKS Composer Player.
- Adding interactive graphics to training materials.
- Creating high-resolution, shaded renderings with a 3D appearance for presentations and brochures.
- Quickly publishing complex product details online with web templates.